Monday, October 19, 2009

We go way back...

Last Wednesday, B and I went to my sister's choir concert. They did awesome, and it was so fun to watch her. It's so weird for me to think that she is a Junior in high school, and that next year she will be a big bad senior and then she'll be graduated. When did she grow up so fast? And then I started thinking about our childhood together, remembering everything we've seen, done, and experienced with each other. This is what I know...

It started on Day 1. I helped mom hold you right after you were born. Neither of us can remember this, but I'm pretty positive that we both knew at that moment that we'd always be sisters, but much more than that we'd always be friends. From then on, we were in things together. After you learned to talk, I was the only one who could understand you because you couldn't say your R's or S's correctly. I became the translator until you finished speech school. You were the pickiest eater ever. You refused to try anything new, and you didn't have a problem letting us know if you didn't like what you were eating. You hated the crust on bread, and if mom didn't cut it off you gave it to me. You used to call every kind of meat chicken, even though most of the times it was not chicken. You also used to be super shy, and now you're one of the most friendly, outgoing girls I know. You love to clean, and you were always organizing things in the house. From the pantry, to the DVD's, to cleaning your room more than twice a week, you were always cleaning. I was envious the first time you flew on an airplane all by yourself to go visit Hayley. And then it was even worse when we flew to visit Mel and Shane, and I cried because I was so scared. You have the cutest little grin, and you are always smiling. It's no wonder that grandpa calls you 'Smiley Emiley.' You learn lyrics to songs faster than anyone I know, and I know that me and you could quote practically every movie we've ever seen. You have such a great personality that draws people towards you, and I'm never surprised when you start talking about new friends. Even though you are two years younger, you're always setting the example, and you've always given me someone to look up to. I'm so happy that you're my sister, and I'm grateful for all of the things we've gone through together. I love you, and I'll always be here to watch you keep growing up.







{Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there.} ~Amy Li

1 comment:

  1. Um, I'm going to cry and then go hug my sister in Boise. Sweetest post EVER!

    ReplyDelete