Wednesday, July 15, 2009

El Capitan


Boating for the first time this summer is always such a thrill. I can't move for the next three days, and my skin burns when I'm out in the sun, but it is so worth it. This little guy was such a trooper for his first time boating. And he loved riding the tube with his favorite aunt, me! Notice his nonchalant, laid back look? Yep, that's how he is most of the time.
So we all know how much I hate going anywhere without at least a little bit of make-up (I blame my almost white eyelashes and semi-blotchy skin occasionally) and normally I refuse to leave the house without a little som'in som'in, yeah? Well I woke up, washed my face, got in my suit and was ready to help. Just my luck, I got to run to the store to buy a bag of ice. And then I get all paranoid when I'm out, afraid to make eye contact with anyone, for fear of what they might think of the girl with no make up on. Anyways, I survived. Moral of the story: Life goes on.
I waddle now when I walk, especially after playing a double header last night in soccer, and my arms feel like I've been lifting weights for three days straight. I sleep like a rigid board at night because I'm sunburned, but riding the new tube and getting up on one ski was all worth it. (Note for further use- please keep your legs on the tube at all times as to avoid being pulled into the water). Overall it was an awesome day, and I had so much fun with the fam!
Just a side note- we all know how much I love diet coke, it was a full on obsession. I'm pulling back, and resisting. Gotta win a bet to lose 10 pounds first, olay! And as sad as parting was, I do give in and indulge every so often, as to keep our relationship at a healthy level.
Movie quote of the day: "Rainman did it and he was a ruh-tard." "A what?" "A ruh-tard!"


1 comment: